Scope of Activities
The Solutions Architect should demonstrate competencies across four key dimensions:
● Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organisation’s targeted business outcomes.
● Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
● Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint (High Level Solution Design) to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
Credentials and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development
● Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments
● Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends
● Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
● Experience working in the retail industry is helpful, but not required. ● Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
● Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
● Knowledge of various backend development languages like Java and Python
● Knowledge of various database technologies like MySQL, MSSQL, PostGRESQL and MySQL
● Knowledge of various aspects of an enterprise technology architecture like business, information, data, network and security
● Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall & agile software development)
● Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical and skills ● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment